Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.
Wooster Common School was built by volunteer labor in 1894. Designed by Quincy Wooster using plans he brought with him from Iowa; the school, which was used as a classroom into the 1970s, has seldom felt the snow its steep roof was built to shed.