Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.
First Central Phone Service in the Baytown area, 1918. Pictured is Miss Mary Mayfield who transferred from Barbers Hill in 1915. . At that time there was no exchange at all and only one line to the Crosby office. The switchboard was first set up in a tent and later installed in these quarters in Old Town at the corner of Lee Drive (present day, 2019) and Evergreen Road. Location confirmed by Darryl Jones.