Sterling Municipal Library is not the copyright holder for these photos. The Library has obtained permissions to post these photos on the library web site. See the “information” tab for each photograph to learn more.
Main Street in New Town taken in 1920; Guaranty State Bank was the first substantial building on Texas Avenue in Goose Creek, also called New Town. It later merged with Security State Bank and in 1934 became the first National bank. The Goose Creek Realty Company, owned by Ross Sterling, offered free lots to businessmen. Goose Creek, with its brick business district, soon became the place to live.